Firma 120A Sensored Brushless Smart Crawler ESC
(1) Spektrum Firma 120A Sensored Brushless Crawler ESC
(1) Product Manual
(1) Sticker Sheet and Mounting Tape
(1) Optional ESC Fan
2S-4S LiPo Compatible
Smart All-in-one Telemetry
Pro-level Drag Brake Performance and Adjustability
120 Amp Power for Giant Scale Crawlers and Extremely Heavy Crawlers
(1) Spektrum Firma Sensored Brushless Crawler Motor
(1) 2S or 4S Lipo Battery with EC3 or IC3 Connector
(1) Spektrum Transmitter
(1) Spektrum Surface Receiver
- Smart: Integrated Smart Technology
- Sensored: Great for slow speed driving and next level drag brake performance
- Program Via Transmitter: Proprietary Text Gen programming allows for programming the ESC from the transmitter
- Smart all-in-one telemetry
- Pro-level drag brake performance and adjustability
- RPM/Throttle matching enabled
- FOC (Field-Oriented Control) equipped
- 120 Amp power for giant scale crawlers and extremely heavy crawlers
- 2S-4S LiPo compatible
- Fast, powerful 32-bit ARM M4 processor
- Waterproof ESC
- Waterproof sensor wire with locking plug and gasket
- Developed and designed by Spektrum™ engineers, in partnership with the industry's leading ESC manufacturer
- Compact for easy installation in most applications
- Ready to install — no soldering required
- Aluminum heat sink for high efficiency
- Includes optional cooling fan
- Adjustable high-power BEC (6V or 7.4V)
- Firmware updatable through the Smart ESC Programming Box
- High heat-resistant IC™ connectors, backwards compatible with EC™ connectors
- Limited 1-year warranty
Multiple Options For Easy Programming
- Smart ESC Programming Box (V2 Programming Box Required)
- SmartLink USB Updating and Programmer application
- Programming from Transmitter via Text Gen Telemetry
- Over-current protection
- Automatic LiPo low-voltage cutoff
- Thermal protection
- Failsafe protection
The Spektrum Firma Sensored Smart ESC System is specifically engineered to be used with 6th scale Crawlers and Scalers, such as the Axial® SCX6™. Featuring advanced Smart connectivity, professional drag brake performance and torque control, all while being fully waterproof.
Like every component in the Spektrum™ Smart ecosystem, Firma™ Smart ESCs combine "plug-and-play" simplicity with the ability to communicate with other Smart electronics — together, creating the best-performing RC system for your vehicle imaginable.
Firma Smart ESCs do much more than regulate power. They function like a virtual engineer inside your model, providing a direct path to the vital operating data you need to reach peak performance. Firma Smart ESCs give you an extra layer of confidence that your electronics are all operating at their best.
With Firma Smart ESCs, you'll be better connected to your vehicle than ever before — without installing extra components that all work independently of each other. You won't need extra wires, modules, or links. A Firma electronic speed control provides a one-wire solution for obtaining telemetry data such as RPM, temperature, battery voltage and capacity.
Firma ESCs not only gather the data, but also send it to your transmitter in real time, instead of only storing it for after-run study. You're able to adjust settings as needed to boost performance on the go. The Firma Smart single-wire telemetry solution has been tested for quality and performance by the best brands in RC. Their verdict? Smart technology is both simpler and superior!
The Spektrum Firma Sensored Smart ESC features a high-precision magnetic encoder and rotor position sensor that provides excellent 1 to 1 control feel when driving at any speed and at any angle. Perfectly suited for trail driving, rock crawling competitions, and rock racing setups. This advancement in sensored motor control allows the ESC to match your throttle input to the motors RPM with unmatched precision.
Intelligent Speed And Torque Control
The Spektrum Firma Sensored Smart Crawler ESC provides a closed loop control, ensuring that the ESC maintains torque and RPM levels even as driving conditions change. Giving unprecedented control when driving uphill or downhill and even when in wet or loose traction conditions. No matter the terrain, the Spektrum Firma Sensored Crawler System keeps you in complete control.
Maximum Power Efficiency Provides Longer Battery Life
When driving with the Firma Sensored Smart Crawler System, drivers are better equipped for the long trails ahead. The Spektrum Sensored Firma Smart Crawler System only uses the power it needs to match your desired throttle output, providing substantially more efficient current levels and extremely long battery life when compared with similar sensorless systems.
Pro-level Drag Brake Adjustment
The Spektrum Firma Smart Crawler System features a huge range of drag brake adjustability, allowing drivers to expertly tune their crawlers and scalers depending on their drive train and vehicle weight. Allowing up to 200% drag power, no matter the setup, the Spektrum Firma Smart Crawler System can keep your vehicle parked at nearly any incline.
The all-weather, waterproof design of Spektrum™ Firma™ Smart ESCs allows them to perform in nearly any terrain under almost any condition. Firma ESCs keep you going through dust, gravel, snow, and water.
No need to connect multiple wires, sensors, modules, and links. With Firma™ ESCs, simple one-wire telemetry transmits a wide range of data directly to your transmitter in real time, including RPM, voltage, temperature, balance, capacity, and speed. *See compatibility chart for more information.
Smart Technology Battery Data
When used with a Spektrum™ Smart LiPo battery, your Firma™ ESC provides you with the benefit of battery telemetry that's automatically transmitted to your compatible Spektrum radio in real time. On your transmitter screen you'll be presented with helpful information such as number of cycles, battery capacity used and remaining, individual cell voltage, and more!
Multiple Programming Options
Multiple programming options are available. Using the Smart Firma™ ESC Programming Box, you can easily change settings on the trail to suit driving conditions. An easy-to-use Smart Link USB Updating and PC Programmer app is also available. And for those with a Text Gen capable transmitters, programming and adjustment of ESC settings can be performed, right from your Spektrum transmitter, with no additional modules or wires needed!